Re: Z-wave on Linux

On Aug 17, 8:34=A0pm, eclipseha <eclips...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm look for a USB device (and the specs) to interface to my custom
> (fedora 15) based home automation system. =A0I dropped Niel Cherry an
> email, and well as a few vendors of z-wave USB sticks, but haven't
> heard back. =A0Anyone got any ideas?

Why not use the ZCS101 serial interface? If you have no serial ports,
the kernel has built in support for FTDI and other Serial<->USB
adapters. I've tested with FTDI, Prolific and Silicon Labs based
adapters on 8-10 of the most used Linux distros.

Byterunner has two very inexpensive adapters, one based on a Prolific
chipset and one based on FTDI. (I've tested both USB-COM-CBL and Y-105
under Windows, Linux and OSX.) Spark Fun Electronics has Silicon Labs
and FTDI based adapters but they are more for breadboarding and/or
embedded development. (I've tested their CP2102 board - BOB-00198.)

     http://www.smarthome.com/22011/ACT-ZCS101-Z-Wave-RS232-Interface/p.asp=
     http://www.byterunner.com/byterunner/category=3DUSB+to+Single+Serial+A=
dapters/exact_match=3Dexact
     http://www.sparkfun.com/search/results?term=3Dusb-serial&what=3Dproduc=