Re: How do LED 12V Dimmable light bulb works?

Agreeing with Dave...too much money for that product. prices have just
dropped huge in the last few weeks. return it and get yourself a 120Vac
unit.

You may have trouble making any series, trickle current controlled remote or
dimmer unit work with this, though. This means having a neutral available in
the switch box.

LEDS get very hot and cannot handle their own wasted energy. Don't buy all
the super efficiency BS. White LEDS are very slightly more efficient than
other newer types and the light quality, from the units I have seen, sucks.
The efficiency rating are typically raw LED chips and the ballast circuitry
and lenses and casing has to be added. Single colour LEDs are most efficient
but different colours do not add in intensity similar to lighting from both
sides of an object do not make it brighter on either side.

It would be doubtful that you can ever put these waveform chopping units in
series with anything useful. Find something that uses the wiring neutral and
does not depend on trickle current leaking through the bulb. It will never
stop flashing until the ballast circuitry is burned out.

BTW: 12Volt is a voltage and is never "consumed". That is analogous to water
pressure in a hose. The pressure is never "consumed" . The water is
consumed. In this case current drawn by the bulb and circuitry.

"Dave Houston"  wrote in message news:4dad985f.38720234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know of no way to use that with 120V nor does Insteon make a dimmer that
works with 12V AFAIK.

You would be better off with a 120V dimmable LED with a standard screw base.