Re: Central Vac overload

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:12:18 -0400, "Robert Green"
<robert_green1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Jim Elbrecht" <elbrecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
 -snip-

>> I haven't finished my second cup of coffee yet- but my instinct is go
>> with 'lack of sucking'.   Put a vacuum switch just before the canister
>> that triggers a bell/light/buzzer if it gets high.
>
>You mean something like this?
>
>http://www.inficonvacuumgauges.com/en/vacuumswitch.html

Yikes!  No- I was thinking about $3 switches- not $300.    More along
the lines of what they mention in this thread-
http://www.instructables.com/community/Vacuum-Pump-Limit-Switch-System/

>I've been looking around, but many of these switches are incredibly
>expensive.  Unless I can find something cheaper, I am tempted to go with a
>current sensor, which I can build out of the scrap electronics bin for $0.

That thread is 2 yrs old-  Don't know what the chances are of
contacting the OP and asking what he ended up using.
[but he's still posting, so there is hope! gotta love a guy whose
handle is trebuchet. .<g> ]

Jim