Re: OT: Superior Vena Cava Syndrome

I have heard these stories,also but have experience with people I know
having complete succcesses with some afflictions, over the years.

Religions were based on something, way back. Yogis have demonstrated the
ability to grow and cure cancer by meditation. I understand this was done at
a big cancer institute back in the 70's hippie years.

"G. Morgan" <usenet_abuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
That's true.  I remember hearing about a medical experiment in the 70's that
dealt with children with leukemia.

Half of the kids were told to think about little-bitty "Luke Skywalkers"
(remember this was in the 70's) waving around his light-saber inside their
body,
killing the cancerous cells with his weapon.  It turned out that the kids
who
were told to visualize that scenario improved their condition dramatically.
The
control group did not do as well.

I don't have a citation for that experiment, it was something told to me
(don't
even remember who).  But I may try to find it and read more about it.