Re: Central Vac overload

"Jim Elbrecht" <elbrecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:dg87r5t4tfe1i0tjo3i1kb5n5urhl4djqg@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:12:18 -0400, "Robert Green"
> <robert_green1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >"Jim Elbrecht" <elbrecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>  -snip-
> >>
> >> I haven't finished my second cup of coffee yet- but my instinct is go
> >> with 'lack of sucking'.   Put a vacuum switch just before the canister
> >> that triggers a bell/light/buzzer if it gets high.
> >
> >You mean something like this?
> >
> >http://www.inficonvacuumgauges.com/en/vacuumswitch.html
>
> Yikes!  No- I was thinking about $3 switches- not $300.    More along
> the lines of what they mention in this thread-
> http://www.instructables.com/community/Vacuum-Pump-Limit-Switch-System/
>

> >I've been looking around, but many of these switches are incredibly
> >expensive.  Unless I can find something cheaper, I am tempted to go with
> >current sensor, which I can build out of the scrap electronics bin for
$0.

> That thread is 2 yrs old-  Don't know what the chances are of
> contacting the OP and asking what he ended up using.
> [but he's still posting, so there is hope! gotta love a guy whose
> handle is trebuchet. .<g> ]

While cruising cable last week I saw a show called "Smash Cuts" where they
were flinging small English sports cars and flaming barrels full of
something flammable from a three story trebuchet.  Very impressive.  Can you
imagine manning the castle walls when the first one to be invented rolled up
on you?

--
Bobby G.