Re: OT: Superior Vena Cava Syndrome

On Mar 23, 1:03=A0am, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "G. Morgan" <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >>Just curious but if you believe prayers help who gave him the cancer
> >>in the first place?
>
> > To answer your question, I don't know. =A0But a simple prayer certainly
> > can't
> > hurt.
>
> > For a human being to understand how God operates, would be akin to an a=
nt
> > understanding how the Internet operates.
>
> > I know Frank prayed for me when I needed it, and things turned around f=
or
> > me. =A0I
> > called him (Frank) asking for a prayer, and soon I was able to make a
> > decision
> > to get help for my drinking. =A0I'm not sure how much it helped, but it=
 made
> > difference to me knowing someone with strong faith was calling God on m=
> > behalf.
>
> > I'm more of a spiritual type, not so much religious. =A0I see the beaut=
y of
> > nature
> > and the order of life and came to the conclusion that a Higher Power mu=
st
> > have
> > made all this possible. =A0It also astounds me how much of nature can b=
> > quantified with mathematic patterns. =A0It's just too perfect to be an
> > accident.
> > To me, the Universe seems to be the creation of Intelligent Design. =A0=
> > just
> > don't believe we're here by accident or coincidence.
>
> The idea that prayers can help is pure insanity, if there is a god and it=
> his/her will that someone will struck down with an illness such as cancer=
,
> then the decision has already been made and praying will do no good
> whatsoever.
>
> If there is no god then praying is just pissing in the wind, that said I
> wish RLB all the best in his personal battle with cancer.
>
> Doug- Hide quoted text -

I believe there is a force. I think of it as the "Creative" force.
Some call it God. It has nothing to do with religion. It is what holds
all of this universe and everything in it together. Sometimes I doubt
that this entity even knows we exist. For all I know this whole
universe is just a giant forgoten waste product.

What I do know is that we all have a "Subconcious" that is turned on
at birth and does not shut off until death. It controls our heartbeat,
immune system, respiration etc. automatically. It also communicates
with other subconciences without our knowing.

When we pray we transmit positve energy. You can send out positive
energy without mentioning religion. You can walk into a room
blindfolded and feel the negative or positive energy. If you don't
believe in thought transmission, remember that time you were thinking
of someone for no particular reason and then the phone rang and that
person you were just thinking of was calling  to say hello?
Coincidence? That's what I thought the first time.

Right now I'm sure  Robert is highly sensitive and receptive both
conciously and subconciously to any good thoughts you might send. It
may not cure him but it might give him some inner peace in this
difficult time.

RW