Re: relay to control line voltage device with low voltage switch?

On Mar 6, 6:24=A0am, "james" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I need to control an appliance (120V 10A) using a controller designed to
> switch low voltage device. So I need to add a relay in-between.

OK, that's relatively easy.

> Is there any pre-packaged relay that includes a low voltage output (that =
can
> be used to power the relay), a 3-prong power cord, and a 3-prong outlet?

Not in general, no.  'low voltage device' can mean ANYTHING,   Do you
mean some logic system with 5V power?  Some kind of switch that
will blow up if there's a spark?  A gizmo that might touch wet skin,
and that must be grounded for safety?  Is it the wire connecting to
the
relay required to have some specific voltage limits?

My finger flicking a light switch is an input, and it qualifies as low
voltage if I haven't shuffled on the carpet...