Re: Central Vac overload

"Art Todesco" <actodesco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:hotdmd$ads$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On 3/30/2010 10:45 AM, George wrote:

<stuff snipped>

> > Guess I am missing something.
> >
> > If you are using it and suddenly there is no or greatly diminished
> > vacuum wouldn't that be a sufficient indicator that there is a problem?
> >
> If you are using it with a motor
> operated beater brush, you really can't
> hear the loss of suction over the motor
> noise.  I know, both me and my wife have
> had it happen in our old house.  What
> can alert you is that you have to go
> over the same spot several times to pick
> up the one little crumb.

Thanks, Art, for summing it up so well.   I wouldn't have asked the question
if it wasn't a problem.  I was downstairs, right near the vac cabinet so I
could hear the motor noise change, but my wife, vacuuming upstairs, didn't.

Based on some other comments, I need to do some testing, especially current
draw, to see what's really happening when the vacuum becomes clogged.

--
Bobby G.