Re: OT: Superior Vena Cava Syndrome

On Mar 22, 10:10=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mar 22, 6:24=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > "Robert L Bass" <rob...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > >Graham, Frank, Tom, Nick & friends:
>
> > >Suddenly much worse.
> > >Nurse from Tidewell Hospice House here now.
> > >Will be admitted to hospice tonight.
> > >Might not make it.
> > >Please pray.
> > >Robert
>
> > You're going to make it buddy.
> > Please don't give up.
>
> > I'm sending some extra prayers as soon as hit 'send'.
>
> Just curious but if you believe prayers help who gave him the cancer
> in the first place? <

It's your opinion that prayers can't help, and you are entitled to
your opinion, but is it also your opinion that prayers can hurt?
If not then why bother and belittle those that are offering prayer? It
seems that Robert can't die fast enough for some here, and him hanging
on has become grist for the humor mill. I'm sure you have real-life
interaction with people much worse than anyone on this newsgroup, but
I doubt you wish death on them.
Why does it bother you that prayer brings comfort to some? Would you
rather them feel discomfort? For what reason other than to be a
contrary clown?