Re: using phone cable for alarm system wiring

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:48:19 -0700 (PDT), domotica
<svdelstster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Does anyone know if I can use regular four stranded phone cable (with
>the red, black, yellow and green conducts inside) to connect a keypad
>to the control system of my Honeywell alarm system?
>
>Is there any risk that the current is to high for conducts with such
>small caliber?
>
>Thank you for your help!
>
>Domotica

Not a problem at all. Your alarm system should be 12V and the phone
cable (24 GA JKT) should be more than adequate since phone line
current is 48VDC and ringing current is much higher. I have 3 keypads
on my ADEMCO system wired with JKT with no problems.

Oliver