Re: off site storage security video monitoring system?

On Jul 9, 9:57=A0am, "james" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I often see home video monitoring system that comes with a DVR (hard driv=
> video recorder), and several cameras with built-in IR LEDs. Usually the
> system allows you access from the internet, and the recording is motion
> triggered.
>
> The major weakness of such system as a security device is the DVR can be
> removed by a burglar. Is there an easy way to set up a system where the
> recordings is stored offsite? This way at most the burglar can do is disa=
ble
> the system after he gets into the house, but he cannot erase the recordin=
> leading up to that point.

Probably easier to hide/harden your DVR. You can hide a server in the
Attic or wherever and just map the drive to your recording software.
No burglar is going to stick around to look for your DVR if you have
an alarm. Should be able to map to an offsite drive too if the IP is
static.