Re: Internet Microphone?

In article <fen1361prl0454p7jebdd7hrfmo2rqubdk@xxxxxxx>,
 "Anthony R. Gold" <not-for-mail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 14:00:54 -0400, Tom Stiller <tom_stiller@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Connect a N.O. relay to the generator output _before_ the transfer
> > switch. If the phone rings, the generator is not running.  The line
> > should be busy durning the generator test period.  As for considering a
> > telephone call, it incurs no charges and requires nothing more than a
> > [cell] phone [with available service].
>
> Thanks.
>
> Even if I could do this within 47 CFR Part 68 standards, the result would be
> that the phone line (along with the  property intrusion/fire alarm system)
> would be disabled during all power outages.  And, as you might guess from the
> significant investment in the generator, those are frequent in that location.

Phones are not usually disabled power outages.  If the power is truly
out, the generator is not running.

> I really just want an IP connected microphone.  Any advance on an IP webcam?

If an IP connected microphone is what you want, nothing else will
satisfy.

If you want to know if your generator's test procedure is executing,
you've been given alternatives which are, I believe, an advancement on
an IP webcam.

Bye.

--
Tom Stiller

PGP fingerprint =  5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3  7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF