Re: Internet Microphone?

Just to be clear, the machine is a 4 liter/litre LPG/Propane engine coupled
to a 40kW generator in a shed-size cabinet on concrete pad out in the yard.
The property is in a hurricane-prone region with unreliable utility supplied
electric service.  The router etc. all run on UPS to bridge the 20 seconds it
takes for the generator to kick in after the utility power has gone down.

http://www.generac.com/residential/quietsource/quietsource_series/

I'm sure I could stuff an IP webcam somewhere in there, especially if running
via PoE, but I don't think a PC would fit nor be happy out there.  No, an IP
webcam does not need a PC to run any software - one just needs to open up a
TCP/IP port in the router to allow for external access.

Okay, if a webcam is the only known canned solution then a webcam it must be.

I don't suppose anyone has a broken one that went blind?

Thanks to all,

Tony