Internet Microphone?

I'd like to monitor the operation of a piece of machinery at a remote
location.  It's a backup generator which runs for 10 minutes each week to
exercise and self-test.  When I'm at the site I monitor it by listening to
the racket it makes and so an Internet accessible microphone server sounds
ideal, but all I can find are IP webcams with built-in microphones, which
seem a waste of money.  Any black box (non-soldering iron) suggestions?

Tony