Re: New Fridge - setting up monitoring

Robert Green wrote:
I am a home automation enthusiast.
sounds like an understatement.

I'd like to hear more about the monitoring system
as a whole.

I'd like to graph total electric power consumption.
I use a Palm Pilot to count the IR pulses out of the
power meter, but the newer palms that support bluetooth
have the newer OS that doesn't support direct reading
of the IR port.  So it's not wireless.
Then I got a BlueLine wireless power meter, but that doesn't
support logging.  I've never been able to determine the communication
protocol or whether there's a pin inside that I can tap to log the
data.

What's a good cheap method to log total consumption...emphasis on the
cheap...free...?

Thanks, mike