Re: Fail-safe for keyless entry

"mike" <yellowbirddog@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:6c075e36-399c-4e21-8fe7-07404a5088ca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Don't put the fob in your pocket or purse until you are out of range.
>
> Cost: $0.00

We tried that method.  You'd be surprised at all the things that end up in
your hands as you exit a vehicle.  At least twice the fob activated just
from being clutched along with a bag and the GPS.  The damn thing's too
twitchy and needs to be untwitched.

It's just unbelievable that they don't put "HOLD" switches on these things
to prevent accidental activation.  Makes me believe without hesitation that
Toyota's got a design flaw in their control systems when I see crappy
form-over-function design like this from a major automaker.

Thanks for your input. I wish the problem was that cheap and that simple.

--
Bobby G.