Re: Fail-safe for keyless entry

A fob sleeve holder in the vehicle may work for the sleeve.

You push the fob and condom into a hlder, pull out the fob and use it. When
complete, you push the fob into the holder, grab both and remove them for
your pockets. Trouble is you want the buttons usable outside the vehicle and
the flow logic isn't there.

I am still not convinced, on my Camry that I have actually pushed the
buttons. When hearing lock clicks, a few times, I have looked down and
fingers could not even reach the buttons in my hand??? However, if the
buttons were transmitting intermittently, one would think a dead battery
would happen in a few months / years. Mine is 9 years old (some like it
hot...)

My work van unit had a long range ( a 100 meters or so) and the panic alarm
was doing it's thing a few times, while I was in a public building, just
being in my pocket. GMC van. Got embarrassing, a few times, wondering who
the idiot is and finding out it's you...LOL ASt least the Camry is 30-40
feet to the front and about 10 feet to the rear of car. Doesn't help find
the car when you parked at the same mall a few times and can't remember what
day it is.

"Robert Green" <robert_green1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Agreed, it's not the ideal solution, but it may be a decent work-around
until I can explore some of the options that people have contributed here.