Re: Fail-safe for keyless entry

On Apr 19, 12:50=A0pm, "Robert Green" <robert_green1...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> The real estate inside the fob is very cramped. =A0It runs off a CR2032 c=
oin
> cell battery, and the circuit traces are simple enough so that I could
> scrape off the 3VDC+ line and bridge it with a small switch. =A0That way,=
> could just put in a tiny pushbutton that had to be depressed as well as t=
he
> desired command button each time a command was sent. =A0That approach mak=
es it
> a two-handed operation, whereas a slide type ON/OFF switch could still be
> worked with one hand.

My fob needs to be reprogrammed every time the battery is changed. I
would imagine yours is similar.

Disconnecting the battery would have the same effect. It would get
very annoying to have to reprogram the fob every time I wanted to get
into the car.

Try wearing pants that aren't so tight when you keep the keys in your
pocket.