Re: Central Vac overload

"John Gilmer" <jlgilmer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > I am going to try a test today with my Kill-0-Watt meter

Blocked and whining 8.83A, Unblocked free running inlet port - no house
piping attached (cleanout, open actually) 12.96A

External air output pipe ran free when unblocked but dropped to very low
flow when the hose was blocked.  If there's an internal check valve, it's
venting to someplace other than the vacuum's output pipe.

I used a compresible coil type cheap plastic hose in the basement, and when
blocked at the nozzle it contracted considerably indicating that there was
still a serious vacuum being maintained.

Another theory.  It takes more work to create a vacuum than maintain it, so
when the hose has contracted as much as it can, the motor has less load on
it and thus the current drops.  With an open vacuum, the motor is constantly
sucking and never achieving even a partial vacuum within the tubing.

C'mon.  There are smart people here.

Why would a plugged vacuum cleaner draw less current?

--
Bobby G.