Re: thermometers?

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:38:20 -0600, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

> Charles Sullivan <cwsulliv@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Oops, thought I saw that it transmitted on a value change...  I'm
>>> looking at roughly half a dozen.
>>>
>>> At the moment, putting a thermistor on an XBee module is looking like
>>> my best option...
>>
>> You could add THGR800 for up to 3 more or RTGR328N for up to 5 more or
>> THGR810 for up to 10 more.
>
> Thanks -- that's very helpful!  But they don't seem to have anything
> that looks like a permanent installation...

I'm not sure what you mean by "permanent installation".

Are you perhaps thinking of AC powered sensors?  If so there are other
options supported by Heyu, e.g., RFXSensor (http://www.rfxcom.com/
sensors.htm) which can be powered with either battery or a wall wart.
You can use up to 8 of these, and if convenient for some locations you
can wire up to 7 additional sensors to each transmitter.

Smarthome's TempLinc 1625
(http://www.smarthome.com/1625/TempLinc-X10-X-10-Remote-Temperature-
Sensor/p.aspx)
might meet your requirements but they've unfortunately been
discontinued.  It's possible you might find enough still on dealers'
shelves.