Re: VU1 ESL bulbs with HA dimmers?

Like I said, it's been nearly 50 years since I learned about CRTs. In those
days electrostatic deflection was prevalent.

This page gives an explanation of the x-rays and of the high voltage. I
still am pretty sure that these new bulbs will not have such high voltages
nor emit x-rays.

     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathode_ray_tube