Re: Long Live the Incandescent!

"B Fuhrmann" wrote:

> However, the bulk of the effort (and cost) should be to those things that
> give more reward and are feasible.

I do what is feasible for me.  I can't directly control what government
agencies and power companies do.  However, I can affect what happens in my
house.  I can afford the extra cost of CFLs over incandescent bulbs so I use
them.  I like to keep the temperature in the house about 72F during the summer
but that consumes lots of power so I leave it at 78F.  Heating isn't much of
an issue for me since the temperature rarely gets cold enough to bother me,
even during Florida's frigid winter nights.  I use solar energy to heat the
pool and the Jacuzzi.  Weather permitting, I usually ride my bike rather than
drive the car.  I used to ride a bicycle a lot but health issues make that no
longer an option.

These are all small things but if more people do them and lots of other small
things there can be a significant benefit.  I agree that it's important to
work on the big polluters and energy consumers, but IMO that doesn't relieve
us all of the obligation to reduce our individual footprints.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics