Re: fridge/freezer temp and RF?

> The Oregon Scientific THC138 wireless thermometer (~$20) has its sensor
> on a 10 ft cable and would be an economical solution if your HA system
> already includes receiving RF from Oregon sensors.

It would appear they're discontinuing the THC138.  That and something about
protocol version incompatibilities?

Ideally I'd like to get something that had an alarm triggered by a settable
temperature level.  As in, squeal like a stuck pig when the fridge or
freezer rises about a given temp.  I've learned to appreciate the ability of
using automation along with standalone systems.  Too much dependence on a
central computer is the bane of many an automation setup.

-Bill