Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

LEDs have typically been used where visibilty of the LED unit is required,
but for visibilty for the user of the LED they have not proven very
economical.

 It is important to see the difference in these two usages. An LED for
visibilty for other can be flashed on and off and become more visible but
for a flashlight, for visibilty for the user (holder) flashing on and off
reduces the visibilty.

BTW: LEDs in traffic control lights are typically replaced every two years.
The individual units continually burn out with the severe heat and current
demand on them. This is also a beacon type usage and requires no light
output for illumination purposes.