Re: Web Enabled Time/Temp/Humidity and I/O Controller

"Joe Pfeiffer" wrote:

> Ethanol may be a good idea, but not as the US has pursued
> it. Sugar cane is a good choice; corn is a lousy choice.
> Remember the fertilizer comes from middle eastern oil...

We got a lot of fertilizer out of the previous administration as well.  :^)

The problem with ethanol is the US sugar industry.  More specifically, the
complex relationship between agribusiness and the US government makes progress
almost impossible.

There is a false premise that many in Congress claim we are supporting "free
market" enterprise.  In a truly free market we would be importing Brazilian
sugar by the boatload.  That would bring the cost down at the pump *and* reduce
our dependence on middle-eastern oil.