Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

"aemeijers" wrote:

> Not saying that CFL's aren't a good thing. But press
> releases full of SWAG numbers like that irritate me.

It wasn't actually a press release, but that's not important.

> Way too many uncontrolled variables for them to
> come up with a hard number.  How many hours a
> day is this 'one bulb per house' supposed to be on
> and what wattage?

I don't know but if I were to guess, I'd suppose the figures are based on
"average" usage -- something that could be calculated by surveying a fair number
of homes.

> What type of  cars are those 80,000 cars, and how
> many hours a day are they lit up, and at what
> speeds? And so on and so on...

That kind of information is always being sought by various surveys.  If you ask
enough people what they drive, how many hours a week, etc., you can get a fairly
good picture of what the "average" driver does.  That the report gave a figure
is nothing surprising.  One could question the manner of surveys used if the
methods are known.  Short of that, the best thing you can do is try to determine
whether the poll takers have an axe to grind.  That's one reason I challenge
comments from Bobby Green and Dave Houston.  Both are always "on a mission" and
neither seems above bending the facts to fit what they've already decided.  That
isn't meant to imply that both are dishonest.  Bobby has an opinion and he sees
as "facts" whatever ideas he comes up with in support of his ideas.  Houston is
much worse -- he flat out lies.

OK, that's my quota of nastiness for this week.  Time to be nice...  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics