Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

> All incandescent and fluorescent bulbs are out and in their place are
> 100 GU10 LED lights that consume 3W each.

All my outdoor lights are now LED.  The lights for the steps were 20W
halogen and had to be replaced constantly.  The new LEDs are mult-LED MR16
and have been running every night for the past three years without
replacement.  The 18W Malibu were also constantly being replaced.  I found a
muli-LED bayonett replacement and all 15 have been runing for two years
without any problems.  The LED candelabras for the house lights are pricy
(about $20 per bulb, $60 per fixture) but they are pretty.  The incandecent
would burn forever, and the LED replacements have been doing fine as well.

In summary, the halogens and Malibus were constantly burning out, and the
candleabras were doing fine.  The LED replacements are all doing fine.  Out
of 30 outdoor fixtures, I have yet to replace even one LED.

Indoors is mostly R40 CFL.  I am constatly purchasing several 3-packs at
Costco because they don't last very long.  I purchased three relatively
expensive R38 9-LED lights.  The come on quickly (the CFL are slow to warm)
and have a good amount of light, but the light is too directional which
casts a harsher shadow, and the color is too narrow and greenish.  Looking
forward to improved LED R38 lights that will last for ten years, but for
now, the light quality is too low.  The outdoors looks nice, though.

Best,
Christopher