Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

In <d77acaf8-97a7-4b16-a499-d4b809a3092f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
TimR wrote:

>This appears to be an article written as a student project.
>
>http://footprint.mit.edu/energy/apres.html
>
>However if you'll scroll down you'll see an interesting table, with
>more than just luments per watt.  It also includes dollars per lumen
>and lifetime numbers.  I didn't see the reference.
>
>There is an interesting one liner at the end, giving lumens per watt
>of a laser at about 700.  Dunno where that data came from.

  This thing has a couple items wrong.  Not only do no lasers get anywhere
near 700, but the chart also states incorrectly that xenon achieves 400.
Xenon is doeing very well for xenon when it achieves 60.

  The maximum possible is 683 - for a 100% efficient source of
monochromatic light at the yellow-green wavelength at which human photopic
vision is most sensitive.

 - Don Klipstein (don@xxxxxxxxx)