Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:35:31 -0500, "Josepi" <JRM@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>LED tail light are not "very bright". The illumination is very poor.

Once again, you are COMPLETELY wrong. The only thing in this
conversation that is not very bright, is you.

>However LED lights are very focused and play on the human vision system to
>compete with the effectiveness of incandescents.
>
>Many incandescent tail lights have taken a lesson in efficiency also and
>many of the so-called LED taillights on vehicles are actually incandescent
>bulbs. Take a closer look and you will see many peanut bulbs in a reflector
>with small pockets.

Once again, you are COMPLETELY wrong. Just so I could say I knew for
certain, I just went out and looked again. LED's, dopey. Nine in each
tail/brakelight. Looked in the manual and in the list of replacement
bulbs, there is nothing listed for tail lights. They are not expected
to need replacement in the lifetime of the vehicle. If they are
damaged in an accident, you replace the whole light array as an
assembly.

Game, Set, Match

>When will we see back-up LED lights on vehicles?  Not likely in the near
>future. The total luminence is not there to illuminate an area. Something
>LEDs have failed at, to date.

Once again, you are COMPLETELY wrong. Have someone (who can read) look
up the word "array" in a dictionary and explain it to you.