Re: Web Enabled Time/Temp/Humidity and I/O Controller

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 08:10:29 -0700, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> But they also have a switch on the back which is "truly off".  What the
> OP is looking for would end up being the equivalent of hitting that
> switch.

One gotcha I found with one of my home systems is that WOL doesn't work if
the power's been off (power cut, breaker, 'hard' switch on the back of the
PSU etc.) - the first time after a total power-off I need to hit the
switch on the front of the machine; it won't respond to WOL events. Once
it's been on via the front switch once, shutdown-WOL cycles work normally.

I'm not sure if that's a widespread problem (or even a goofy intentional
'feature'), or if I've just got crap firmware :-)

cheers

Jules