Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:47:30 -0600, gordonb.9dy9j@xxxxxxxxxxx (Gordon
Burditt) wrote:

>>A lot of new cars already come equipped with LED tail Lights. They are
>>very bright, and if one LED fails, you still have a lot of light. The
>
>According to state and/or Federal regulations, if you're driving
>with a tail light with one burned out LED, do you deserve a ticket,
>even if you still have a lot of light?

Probably not. I wouldn't be at all surprised if my tailights far
exceed the minimum requirements, so that losing a number of elements
would still leave me with more than is required. Very unlike an
incandescent tail light that if it loses one lamp, goes completely
dark.

I'm sure you have noticed that the tail lights on cars vary greatly in
size. The DOT specifies a MINIMUM size and brightness.