Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

In article <VCBOm.52114$de6.17133@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Josepi wrote in part:

>BTW: LEDs in traffic control lights are typically replaced every two years.
>The individual units continually burn out with the severe heat and current
>demand on them.

  I have plenty of experience where I have been able to track individual
units due to fading and/or a few LEDs being burned out and/or LEDs of a
particular spectral characteristic are obsolete for the purpose due to
lower efficiency than more modern ones.  I can tell you that LED traffic
signal units have a very high rate of lasting a lot more than 2 years -
more like 5-10.

 - Don Klipstein (don@xxxxxxxxx)