Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "Josepi" wrote:
>>
>> Think you could trim your post to post a snipe, in future?
>
> Here's a brief comment on CFL's from the US Energy
> Star program:
>
> "CFLs save consumers money in the long run, as these bulbs draw far less
> power (resulting in lower electric bills), and they last longer (so they
> don't need to be replaced nearly as often). But they also work to save
> the environment by lessening greenhouse gases. If every American home
> replaced just one standard incandescent light bulb with a long-lasting
> CFL, the resultant energy savings would eliminate greenhouse gases equal
> to the emissions of 800,000 cars..."

Not saying that CFL's aren't a good thing. But press releases full of
SWAG numbers like that irritate me. Way too many uncontrolled variables
for them to come up with a hard number. How many hours a day is this
'one bulb per house' supposed to be on and what wattage? What type of
cars are those 80,000 cars, and how many hours a day are they lit up,
and at what speeds? And so on and so on...

--
aem sends....