Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

"Robert Green" wrote:

>> I replaced all the 20W halogens with the 5W Feit CFLs.
>
> As the failure rate you've experienced shows, CFLs are complicated to
> manufacture compared to other light sources...

It does not show any such thing.  The only thing proven is that there have
some early problems with one manufacturer's products and that the manufacturer
has behaved responsibly.

You and Houston been rather outspoken in your opposition to all things CFL for
some time.  Like Dave, any negative information becomes the justification for
a lengthy discourse of the evils of CFLs.  The reality is that CFLs do reduce
overall mercury contamination in the air and that is a good thing.  They cost
more initially than conventional lights but life cost with quality units is
less than incandescents.

Speaking of incandescents, I just installed two 3-way lights in reading lamps
because a family member bought a package for her use.  Out of 2 units, one
failed within 3 days.  If I were as strongly opposed to incandescent lighting
as you are to CFLs I'd now have to post a 500-word essay on how complicated to
manufacture they obviously are, how all that packaging is filling the
landfills, etc., etc.

Give it a rest, Bobby.  CFLs are here to stay at least for the foreseeable
future and all things considered, that's a good thing.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics