Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

In article <he6bfq$5vi$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stormin Mormon wrote:

>With the energy required to manufacture LED bulbs. And the
>cost of the bulbs. I doubt there is any real savings. Either
>to your wallet, or to the planet, by converting to LED light
>indoors.

  Osram, who makes incandescents, CFLs and LEDs, did a study indicating
very well that only a very small percentage (about 2%) of energy used by
all 3 of these throughout their life cycles, including manufacturing and
transportation, is in everything other than the electricity consumed by
them over their lifetimes.

http://www.ledsmagazine.com/news/6/8/4

http://www.osram-os.com/osram_os/EN/About_Us/
We_shape_the_future_of_light/Our_obligation/
LED_life-cycle_assessment/More_Information/index.html

 - Don Klipstein (don@xxxxxxxxx)