Re: Web Enabled Time/Temp/Humidity and I/O Controller

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 11:37:57 -0800, RickH wrote:

> On Nov 6, 1:17 pm, "Christopher Glaeser" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > If my PC has no power applied to it how can it possibly "listen" to
>> > anything.  I want it completely powered off, not on standby.
>>
>> Why do you want your PC completely off?
>>
>> Best,
>> Christopher
>
> I guess its not an issue considering it seems everything else you plug
> in these days is also "in standby".

The only thing I've thought of before is it might be useful to be able to
remotely unplug a device to protect against lightning - but I'm not sure
that any relay-based setup is going to really give adequate protection
there, anyway... (and there are still other paths, such as the network, to
worry about)