Re: Web Enabled Time/Temp/Humidity and I/O Controller

On Nov 8, 10:24=A0pm, Marc_F_Hult <MFH...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 11:32:05 -0800 (PST), RickH<passp...@windcrestsoftware=
.com> wrote in message

> <86f63c78-cc34-4ce4-ba02-34ec59927...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> >... But political forces keep the E85 refineries going
> >regardless of E85 net carbon unfavorability. =A0But politics trumps a
> >deeper analysis of any so-called energy saving device once the device
> >has been sold as a savior. The laws of thermodynamics still apply,
> >those resistors, capacitors, transistors and diodes still take enrgy
> >to make. =A0But denial is a big part of both sides in the green
> >movement.
>
> And war trumps politics (von Clausewitz's dictum notwithstanding).
>
> The reason is that E85 is an attractive energy source in the US is that i=
> incrementally reduces dependence on imported oil and can supply energy fo=
> transportation -- look at example of Brazil which became 'energy independ=
ent'
> ca 2006. =A0Have we already forgotten the > 10K lives and ~ $Trillion
> expenditures for the war in Iraq?
>
> Pop quiz:
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 1) How many resistors and capacitors is a human life wort=
h?
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 2) Who's doing the denying here?
>
> ( I dunno what all the right answers are, but do know that many of us can
> recognize some of the wrong answers right quick.)
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> There's another approach (other than E85) to carbon-efficient private
> transportation. =A0Seewww.evalbum.com/1610
>
> Our all-electric 1967 VW beetle is part and parcel of our home automation=
 and
> distributed DC power system -
> The car provides ~ 1.6 kWh storage to the home when fully charged and plu=
gged
> in. And, of course, could be recharged using renewable and(or) non-renewa=
ble
> energy resources.
>
> And yes, it will have one of the CAi Networks WebControl devices that is =
the
> subject of this thread.
>
> HTH ... Marc
> Marc_F_Hultwww.ECOntrol.org

I'm in the middle of corn country (IL) and there is only one
independent gas station (Gas City) that actually has E85 pumps
available.  Additionally the price of the E85 there varies widely and
is not much better than regular, (unless regular goes back over $4),
the E85 will be $3.50, right now its only a dime cheaper than regular
and ouputs less power when burned.  If E85 is inconvenient to get in
IL corn country then I can only imagine how hard it would be to find
an E85 pump in another state with no political skin in the game.
Brazil is on the equator and can utilize sugar cane, both those
aspects tip the energy-to-produce scale in favor of E85, but we are
not allowed to import Brazillian E85 (as much as the Brazillians would
like to sell it to us).  If E85 was really attractive in US then it
wouldn't need govt subsidies, it wouldn't raise the price of food and
feed corn, and every company would be jumping on it to make a profit.
The fact is it's not an attractive fuel.