Re: Web Enabled Time/Temp/Humidity and I/O Controller

Without Provocation, "Dave Houston" spat the following trash on the floor:

> Anyone concerned about the standby power has
> succumbed to the mumbo-jumbo disinformation
> from nitwits like Bass & Hult.

I never said anything about PC standby power.  I have disagreed with you on
several issues and that has caused you to attack me personally on various
occasions like this one.  Once when you complained on your website about
health-related financial issues I even tried to offer you help.  Your response
was to attack me publicly and accuse me of trying to steal whatever it was you
were working on.  You're a real case, Houston.

Mr. Hult has repeatedly shown you to be wrong on numerous issues.  Your response
is the same -- attack personally because you haven't the ability to win a debate
on the merits.

> According to the DOE, 9% of residential electricity went
> for lighting (a couple of years back). Residential use is
> about 1/3 of total use so that means residential lighting...

All of that has no bearing on the discussion at hand.  The issue being
considered was web enabled temperature and humidity monitoring.  This has since
morphed into a discussion on booting a PC via the Internet or a LAN.

> ... So all those folks who installed CFLs have been on a
> fool's errand...

According to Mr. Houston, any attempt at reducing electrical usage is a "fool's
errand" unless it's controlled by X10 (private joke).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics