Re: Web Enabled Time/Temp/Humidity and I/O Controller

http://cgi.ebay.com/WebControl-timer-temperature-humidity-I-O-controller_W0QQitemZ270285035585QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3eee3e5841
> They want $49.84 plus about $10 for UPS in US.
>
> Interesting.
>
> Now to convince the wife that we need one...
>
> Jim

Here's a reason, they're only $34.95 at Amazon and if you select supersaver
shipping, the shipping is FREE (although Amazon somehow got me by charging
$6 shipping on a $.99 cable - still not sure how that happened).  I wouldn't
even mention it to the wife.  Mine said: "The only device I will gladly
approve purchase of is a device that prevents you from buying any more
devices!"

There has to be *some* problem around your home, Jim, that you can be
automate using one of these.  I noticed on their website some guy has
already figured out how to use his Iphone to communicate with his house.
While I have a number of other microcontrollers, this one's the only one
that's web-aware out of the box and that's a big plus in this day and age.
It's hard to believe how much the net has changed in 10 years.  Twenty years
ago "net surfing" meant 2400/9600BPS modems, multi-line phone BBB's, DOS,
SysOps and FidoNet.

(I *still* can't believe I left the Amazon URL out of the first post.)

<http://www.amazon.com/Webcontrol-Universal-Temperature-Humidity-Controller/
dp/B001H4JXLU>

--
Bobby G.