Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

Nate Nagel <njnagel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> What I don't understand is why LEDs are so excellent in flashlights
> (the 3W Task Force light kicks a Mag-Lite's ass BTW) bike
> head/taillights, truck taillights and traffic lights but it is so
> difficult to find good ones for home lighting and/or retrofitting into
> car taillights?

Haven't looked into home LED home lighting yet, but the basic problem
with car taillights is that the fixture is designed for a point source
and the "replacements" are anything but.  An LED taillight assembly (as
you can see on many cars and trucks today), designed for LEDs, works
great.

Unfortunately, the "replacements" are bought by idiots looking for a kewl
effect, who have no idea that they might as well just leave the wiring
harness unplugged for all the good their taillights do them --
frequently the other end of the car has headlights with blue glass
('cause blue is brighter) hidden behind a smoked glass shield.