Re: Web Enabled Time/Temp/Humidity and I/O Controller

"RickH" wrote:

> Also the supply chain to make a CFL is huge and deep, involving much mining,
> manufacturing, chemical refining, and shipping...

I agree that CFL's are more complex than incandescant bulbs.  The bit about
mining, chemical refining, etc., might be a bit of a stretch.  Two things are
certain though.  CFL's use significantly less power for their output than
incandescant lamps.  In doing so they reduce demand for energy and that means we
burn a little less coal every time we turn one on.  That, in turn, means less
pollution.

I agree that CFL's are not a perfect answer, but until someone comes up with a
suitable, reliable alternative, I'll continue using them.

> Nobody ever seems to consider that the CFL is already
> playing catch up with the incandescent next to it on the
> store shelf in terms of carbon usage...

That's an interesting theory but unless you can provide statistics to back it
up, I'll have to consider it just that -- one man's theory.  I'm not saying
you're wrong yet.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass