Re: Web Enabled Time/Temp/Humidity and I/O Controller

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 10:38:53 -0400, "Robert Green"
<robert_green1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<hchj0k$6km$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>I didn't order the chassis, partly because it costs almost half of what the
>unit does! So I've been looking around for something to mount the board in.
>I've found it fits perfectly in the clear plastic flip-top cases I've been
>storing 3.5" floppies in, thus saving $15 for the case they sell (but
>*don't* list on the Amazon site for some odd reason).

Time permitting, I'll post a picture of the  WebControl (80mm x 85mm x18mm)
in its native steel case (100mm x 100mm x 35mm) stacked on a comparably sized
Netgear GS-105 hub (95 x 100mm x 25mm) and Comtrol Device-Master AIR (92mm x
87mm x 48mm) which provides WI-FI and RS-xxx in a 100mm x 100mm footprint.
This combo allows you to communicate with to a computer, two WebControls and
a serial device such as Peter Anderson's data acquisition modules
www.PHAnderson.com) via WI-FI.

(This matches almost exactly the footprint of a Pico-ITX (100mm x 72mm) with
the inevitable I/O connectors. These PC's are still too pricey,
http://www.logicsupply.com/products/px5000eg but they'll get 'there'
eventually. )

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult