Re: X10 and fluorescent lights

I tried this with a X10 wall dimmer using only on/off.  Two different
brands.  It worked for about 2 days.  The lights were destroyed.  I'm
guessing that the off sense current did them in.

I use a lot of X10 appliance modules to control outside Christmas lighting.
One must be sure to unplugged the lights when trouble shooting since there
is always current present.  The other interesting thing are LED lights.
They have a slight glow when off from the sense current.  I resolved this by
assuring that there is at least of regular light string in the X10 run.  For
those electronic controller devices I put a relay between the X10 and the
device.