Re: 9258T Remote Controller woes

On May 19, 10:22=A0pm, Marc_F_Hult <MFH...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 May 2009 14:09:33 -0700 (PDT), neuroti...@xxxxxxxxx wrote in
> message =A0<be38f87f-6128-4e47-bc1c-a686c0f80...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=
com>:

> >Had my doubts about this thing..
>
> >Tried setting the NTP settings and it couldn't get a response...
> >Dunno if it was from the ntp server itself or just the controller box
> >itself.. Tried reloading the page and I can't access it at all!
>
> >Anyone actually happy with this unit?
>
> Extremely happy. Everything on the IP-9258T works fine for me.
>
> If you are trying to reach an external NTP server, have you opened port 1=
23
> for UDP on your router/gateway/firewall? If not, your setup will fail thr=
ough
> no fault of the IP9258T.
>
> "Tried reloading the page and I can't access it at all!"
>
> I don't understand what you mean.
>
> Which "page"? =A0 Home Page? Setup DateTime Page? =A0
>
> What is "it" ? Device itself? Or?
>
> Did you change IP number? The port number ? Is there a conflicting device=
 at
> the IP address? Are you on the same subnet? =A0(etc)
>
> Reboot the 9258T and use the provided ipedit.exe utility to relocate the
> device to determine if you inadvertently changed its address.
>
> HTH ... Marc
> Marc_F_Hultwww.ECOntrol.org

Hey,

Managed to get it working perfectly! Don't know why it was acting up,
but everything works now and I got NTP synching ok and I can change my
password.

There's just one thing tho.. I'm actually in Australia and using the
9258T model, instead of the local "S" model, which was considerably
dearer.
Now that's not the problem since the "T" model covers our voltage
spectrum.. problem is when I connect a power adapter to change US-AUS,
I can't use the second outlet since the adapter sticks out so much.
Basically I will only be able to use the first and last outlet.

Either I buy the "S" model or I find a small enough adapter (outlet is
about 1 inch with 1cm space in between?)

Appliances in US must have really small plugs? :)

Or.. another method that _might_ work.. get A US-IEC320 power cord and
connect an IEC-AUS power adapter/cord to that.

Just putting it out there in case anyone knows..

Cheers