Re: Programmable Sequencing Switch?

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:43:07 GMT, "Bob Day" <xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <fqM6l.2237$BC4.759@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>I have six 120V wall plug devices that I'd like to turn
>on automatically in sequence at five minute intervals
>at a preset, but programmable, time each morning.
>I'm wondering whether some sort of programmable
>power-strip-like device exists that would do this.
>Does anyone know?

I have an Aviosys IP POWER 9258T and it can do what you want for four
outputs. Aviosys also has eight output model(s). The 9258's are available
Buy-It-Now for $95, shipping to US included,  on eBay.  Search for IP POWER
9258*
or INTERNET POWER CONTROLLER

http://www.aviosys.com/ippower.htm
http://www.aviosys.com/images/9258_manual_20081104.pdf

The IP POWER 9258 uses mechanical relays rather than SCRs to control power to
the AC receptacles, and so can be modified to provide SPST switching of a
signal or DC rather than 120VAC. Also, I prefer not to add devices to my
system that depend on AC power, so I was pleased to see that it runs
internally entirely on 5vdc from a small, easily-bypassed, internal
AC-to-5VDC converter.

It is readily programmed though web-based GUI, by sending simple http command
strings, or a VB/.net etc programming

HTH ... Marc

Visit my Home Automation and Electronics Internet Porch Sale at
www.ECOntrol.org/porch_sale.htm

Marc_F_Hult
www.ECONtrol.org