Re: Lights going on at random times!! Any ideas?

On Feb 16, 3:21=A0pm, homeautomationaustra...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've seen similar with a few installations where the on/off commands
> are caused by new equipment or a neighbor. In this, it definitely
> sounds like your wife's new equipment. I have seen noisy equipment
> that sends out noise which X10 interprets as commands, as opposed to
> just blocking them out.
>
> What I've done in the past is install units such as an X10 filterhttp://w=
ww.smarthome.com.au/p--Plug+In+X10+NoiseInterference+Filter-1...
> between the new equipment and the wall plug, and this has usually
> solved the problem. Where that hasn't been suitable I've used line
> isolation filters such ahttp://www.smarthome.com.au/p--Band+Pass+X10+Bloc=
king+Filter+20A-179....

Thank you both. The new power center does have a surge circuit. I
think the other one did as well. I also made my own filter using two
barrel toroids. I wound several turns of each power line around a
toroid and it has worked VERY well. If her new power center is proven
to be the issue, I may just open it and disable the Surge system and
just make it a group of switches and sockets! It is going into a UPS,
and the UPS into my filter, so if it is noisy, it must be VERY noisy.

Also, with all that is going on with Home Control now, isn't there any
better Computer Interface and software around?