Lights going on at random times!! Any ideas?

We have had X-10 for decades and never had this issue before!

We use the IBM Home Director HD11A (same as CM11A) and ActiveHome
1.42d software. We have many X-10 switches and all work. Sometimes
when one stops it is because of a lamp being burned out from our multi-
light outside lights.

Anyway, we just added a new power center for my wife's new system.
Since then, several lights come on at random times during the day! I
now took it out of the circuit and have added her old power center
back to see if that is creating the issue. However, what I want to
know is how this could be the cause? I ask as I have had noisy
components before, but they just prevent a light from going off if it
was on, or on if it were off. I never had a component turn a light on
at random. It seems to me that turning a light on, in this case C2,
should not respond to random noise, but takes a bit stream...ie
11000010 (C2) with a code for ON.

Can the noise corrupt the software in the CM11A? I am testing with the
old power center as I said, but wonder how this could happen.

OH, for extra credit, is there a better Computer interface available
now with more memory and better software that is not as prone to line
noise? I heard about the CM15, but also heard it was very prone to
noise...especially the clock.