Re: X10 and fluorescent lights

"Dirk Bruere at NeoPax" <dirk.bruere@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:6vs2u5Flr1avU2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Bill Kearney wrote:
>>> On/off is probably OK, but I doubt a dimmer function will work.
>>
>> Yep, not unless they're the more expensive (often much more) type than
>> clearly state they support being operated from a dimmer.
>
> It might make sense to go for LED lighting.
> More expensive initially, but over the lifetime of the LEDs probably
> cheaper than fluorescents.

I have a 120V 4W LED produced by Lumoform that produces more noise than any
CFL I have tested.  Here is a photo of the X10 signal just fitting between
the noise bursts:  http://jvde.us/x10/line_noise+X10_XTB_X10-in.jpg

The X10 signal is at mid-screen and near both sides of the trace.  It fits
in the little gap after each zero crossing before the switching supply in
the LED starts up.  The XTB-IIR can actually recover that X10 signal.

Jeff