Re: Lights going on at random times!! Any ideas?

On Feb 18, 11:29=A0am, Ian Shef <inva...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> MPSAN <emp...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:40c1b666-f830-457c-ab23-00bb699487=
57
> @p2g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
>
> <snip>
>

> >> "MPSAN" <emp...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

..
> <snip>
> <snip>
>
> > Great, I will take a look. Also, I may not have a noise issue but not
> > enough signal. Will test it with my ELK.
>
> Maybe you have a signal strength issue also, but I don't see how lack of
> signal strength creates random commands to turn on. =A0This would only be=
 true
> if a command occurred at that time but was misinterpreted due to insuffic=
ient
> signal.
>
> Otherwise, random turn-on should be the result of noise (or interference =
by a
> neighbor's X-10).
>
> Random FAILURE to turn-on could be due to insufficien signal strength.

OK, I agree. I may have two issues but NEVER had the random turn on
before. I will look at the noise issue with her new power center. So
far the old power center is in and all seems good. I think, if nothing
else, I can open the new one and disable the surge stuff in her new
Power Center if it turns out to be the issue. Who needs it anyway as
it goes into a 1500VA UPS.

My signal level concern comes from the outside lamps. We have
spotlights, and Low voltage lamps. In the past, whenever a low-voltage
lamp went out...the lights may not go on...or off. Then the
Transformer failed and I got a new one. This was very bad, and it may
be that it was causing the signal level to get even smaller! I added
toroids and noise filters but it did not help.

Still looking for an interface I can program from the computer with
more memory than the CM11!!!