Motion sensor hookup to existing camera

I have a wireless micro camera which I can hook to a VCR, TV, DVD, etc with
RCA connection and record or simply view. I have several cats and I want to
catch one of them in the act of doing something they shouldn't be doing. I
don't want to leave a recorder running all night or day for obvious reasons.
Therefore, I would like to know if there is a way I can connect a motion
sensor to this minor system to have it start recording as soon as a cat is
detected.

Anyone have any ideas how I can go accomplish this? Other ideas are
appreciated as well. I would even consider another surveillance system but
only if it's a decent price as I don't care to spend too much.

Thank you